82-02 Camaro/Firebird Panhard Bar Bare Aluminum Race Rod/Rod J&M Products Made in the USA
J&M Products (Made in the USA) has designed a Panhard Rod Aluminum Camaro Firebird, F-Body which allows you to order an adjustable panhard rod any way you want it. What we have done is to create a threaded Chrome-Moly Forged steel body end which uses polyurethane bushings and is a direct replacement for a 3/4″ rod end. The best thing about these ends is they are forged using over 90 tons of force using 4340 super high strength Chrome-Moly steel. This is the same steel most forged steel crankshafts are made from. We then CNC machine them and roll form the threads to make them the exact length and size of a rod end. These panhard rods can be ordered in 3 adjustable versions: street (which uses forged poly/forged poly ends), street/race (which uses forged poly/rod ends), and finally a race version (which uses rod end/rod end). The great thing about this system is if you choose a street version now and decide later you want to upgrade to a race or street/race panhard rod, all you have to do is order the ends from us instead of a complete new panhard rod.
Panhard Rod Aluminum Camaro Firebird FBody. Our tubular adjustable Panhard Rod Aluminum Camaro are the finest on the market. Manufactured from high strength aluminum alloy or 4130 Chrome-Moly swaged tube technology, our ultra light panhard rods will eliminate the unwanted flex and twist commonly found in the factory and other poorly designed aftermarket panhard rods. These rods will give you a competitive edge by keeping the rear axle located in the optimum position under the rear of the car, thereby dramatically improving cornering and overall handling predictability. The rod easily adjusts on the car to compensate for ride height adjustments. Our aluminum and chrome-moly panhard rods feature a one piece no weld center support rod with machined wrench flats (aluminum only) with left and right handed threads for easy adjustments of the rod while still on the vehicle. Bearing liner is attached with a thin sintered bronze wire net impregnated with PTFE powder, the same as used in modern long life ball joints.
Spherical Bearing Features and Benefits:
- 52100 heat treated steel/hard chrome plated ball
- Bearing race is heat treated 4340 chrome moly steel
- Bearing liner is attached with a thin sintered bronze wire net impregnated with PTFE powder, same as modern ball joints.
- Rod end bodies are constructed of heat treated chrome moly alloy steel
- Threads are rolled not cut after the heat treat process for maximum strength and concentricity
J&M Products Made in the USA Features:
- Modular System to reduce overall costs during upgrades
- One piece (no weld) steel or aluminum
- Easily change between rod ends and polyurethane
- Double adjustable for easy on car adjustment
- Lifetime Warranty on polyurethane ends
- Chrome-Moly Poly Forged ends available in left or right hand threads
Fits 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002 Camaro and Firebird FBody.