Camaro/Firebird 82-02 Rear Lower Control Arms Bare Aluminum Race Rod/Rod Made in the USA
J&M Products Race Aluminum Rear Lower Control Arms for the 1982-2002 F-Body improve traction and handling by eliminating bushing compliance and correcting suspension geometry. Unlike our competitors who charge more and use low quality commercial grade 2 piece rod ends we use a Very High Precision 3 Piece PTFE Lined Spherical rod end that uses a very high strength heat treated alloy steel race for extra strength and life. The precision rod ends guarantee precise axle control, eliminating the compliance that leads to wheel hop, while still allowing the rear suspension to articulate freely. Our lightweight control arms weigh less than 2.5 pounds which makes them substantially lighter than the factory control arms. These control arms are designed for the race track but can be used on the street but expect a slight increase in road noise.
Spherical Bearing Features and Benefits:
- 52100 heat treated steel/hard chrome plated ball
- Bearing race is heat treated 4340 chrome moly steel
- Bearing liner is attached with a thin sintered bronze wire net impregnated with PTFE powder, same as modern ball joints.
- Rod end bodies are constructed of heat treated chrome moly alloy steel
- Threads are rolled not cut after the heat treat process for maximum strength and concentricity
Chevrolet minimizes this suspension bind by using compliant rubber bushings in both lower control arms. These relatively “soft” bushings help accommodate the necessary motion of the control arms during body roll. However, the rubber bushings do not provide much in the way of forward and aft support, which can cause wheel hop during hard acceleration and braking.