J&M Products – 1982-2002 Camaro / Firebird Adjustable Torque Arm – Black
Part # 23500B
The Adjustable Torque Arm that is mounted on the transmission allows you to transfer more of your power to the wheels. This super strong Adjustable Torque Arm Transmission Mounted F-Body replaces the flimsy stamped stock torque arm adding strength, rigidity and eliminating flex. This tubular torque arm is a direct bolt on replacement using existing mounting holes and requires no drilling or welding. J&M Products torque arm is designed to eliminate wheel hop under hard acceleration and reduce your 60-foot times. All necessary parts are supplied with this set-up including a low deflection Energy Suspension front bushing which replaces the stock rubber bushing and bolts in with the existing clam-shell. The rear torque arm mount is constructed entirely of high strength grade 50 steel (not the more common 1008, 1010, or grade 30) CNC laser cut and is fully pulsed spray welded with extra material around the mounting holes compared to any other torque arm on the market. This set-up features on-car adjustable for easy pinion angle adjustments using forged 4340 Heat treated adjuster and high strength chrome-moly alloy steel solid rod ends. This makes this the strongest adjustable torque arm on the market at the most affordable price! Designed to fit GM 10-Bolt rear-ends, Moser and Strange 12-Bolts as well as most 9″ housings.
Features and Benefits:
- Constructed Of 1.250″ x 0.120″ DOM Seamless Steel Tubing
- Pulsed Spray Welded Tube Adapters With Rosette Welds For Extra Strength And Durability
- Forged 4340 Chrome-Moly On-Car Adjuster And Heat Treated For Superior Strength Strength
- CNC Laser Cut Mounting Plates With Properly Sized Mounting Holes (not sloppy holes like other torque arms) For The Best Accuracy and Fit
- Rear Mounting Plates Made From Grade 50 High Strength Steel Designed To Fit Stock, 12- Bolt, and 9″ Rear-End Housings.
- Rear Mounts feature Solid Chrome-Moly Alloy Steel ¾” Rod Ends
- Front Transmission Side Mount Has A Double Tube Design For Extra Strength Up At The Transmission
- Added Material Compared To Other Torque Arms On The Axle Mount For Added Strength Around The Bolt Area
- Center Support For The Torque Arm Captures The Weld Bungs For Added Bung Strength.
- Durable Powder Coat, available black or red
Torque Arm Features:
- Designed to eliminate/reduce wheel hop and solves traction problems
- Stiffer arm reduces front end nose dive during braking
- Solid construction prevents breakage and reduces down time
- Allows for pinon angle adjustments on the car
- Polyurethane bushing eliminates deflection
- Bolt-on design requires no welding or drilling!