J&M Products – 2015-2020 Ford Mustang Adjustable Bump Steer Kit
Part # 24513 – Bump-Steer Kit
Made In The USA!
J&M Products has manufactured a S550 Ford Mustang Bump Steer kit using Aerospace T6061-T6511 aluminum. The spherical rod end bodies are manufactured from heat treated chrome-moly alloy steel with a clear zinc plating. The Ball in the body is PTFE lined 52100 steel (Rc 56 MIN) and hard chrome plated rated at a static radial load of 18,000 lbs.
The tapered stud is machined from 4130 chrome-moly and heat treated to the tensile strength of a grade 8 bolt, the threads on the stud are rolled not cut after the heat treating process to assure strength. The tapered stud tensile strength is 150,000 lbs per square inch and heat treated to a minimum of Rockwell hardness of C-37.
Bumpsteer is a change in toe (in or out) when your suspension moves up and down through its travel. As the toe change happens during the suspension movement you could end up with a car that becomes twitchy and less predictable making the car harder to control. Using this bumpsteer kit allows you to fine tune the height of the tie rod helping to reduce or eliminate the bumpsteer making the car easier to drive and predictable again.
Features and Benefits:
- Corrects Bump steer, prevents twitchy unpredictable steering
- A necessary addition for lowered cars
- Tapered stud is correct size, no need to drill out the spindle or use a bushing for proper fit
- Easily adjustable, adjustment hex in the middle
- Works in conjunction with other suspension modification
- Mil-A-8625 Type II Black Anodized finish for corrosion resistance
- Fits 2015-Present Mustangs with Power Racks (does not work on manual racks)
- Replaces factory tie rod ends with spherical rod ends for precise steering control
- Aerospace T6061-T6511 aluminum
- Rod end bodies are constructed of heat treated chrome-moly alloy steel and clear zinc plating
- Tapered stud is machined from solid 4130 chrome-moly, and heat treated to the tensile strength of a grade 8 bolt
- The ball in the rod end is 52100 steel and hard chrome plated
- Threads are rolled not cut after the heat treat process for maximum strength
- Rod end liner is sintered bronze with PTFE impregnated for the strongest liner on the market. (not the standard PTFE liner)
Will not clear 16″ or OE 17″ wheels
Fits: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 Ford Mustang