J&M Products – 1982-1992 Chevy Camaro Pontiac Firebird F-Body Adjustable Bump Steer Kit
Part # 24520 – Bump-Steer Kit – Extreme Duty
Made In The USA!
J&M Products manufactured this 3rd Gen F-Body Bump Steer kit with Aerospace T6511-6011 aluminum. The spherical rod end bodies are manufactured from heat treated chrome moly alloy steel and are then clear zinc plated for greater rust protection. The Ball is 52100 steel (Rc 56 MIN) and hard chrome plated rated with a static radial load rating of 18,000 lbs.
Features and Benefits:
- 5/8″-18 thread grade 8 bolt for superior strength (spindle drilling is required)
- Comes with an assortment of bumpsteer spacers for precise adjustments .650″, .350″, .273″, .185″, .115″, .090″, & .045″
- Thicker Spacers are CNC machined .650″, .350″, .273″, .185″, .115″
- Thinner spacers are stamped and heat treated to the same strength as a F436 washer so they don’t crack like others .090″ & .045″
- Corrects Bump steer, prevents uneven tire wear and unpredictable steering
- A necessary addition for lowered cars or added caster
- Hex adjustment in the center of the turnbuckle for easy adjustments
- Works in conjunction with other suspension modification
- Replaces factory outer tie rod ends with spherical rod ends for precise steering control
- Aerospace T6511-6011 aluminum
- Rod end bodies are constructed of heat treated chrome moly alloy steel and clear zinc coated for greater protection
- The ball in the body is 52100 steel and hard chrome plated
- Rod end liner is sintered bronze with PTFE impregnated for the strongest liner on the market. (not the standard PTFE or injected poly liner)
Drilling the factory taper in the spindle to 5/8″ is required.
1982-1992 F-Body cars with factory inner tie rods or factory replacements.
1978-1998 G-Body cars with factory inner tie rods or factory replacements.
1982-1995 S10 trucks with factory inner tie rods or factory replacements.
1964-1970 A-Body cars with factory inner tie rods or factory replacements.